When using a compatible heart rate chest belt, the PM3, PM4 and PM5 store heart rate data as follows:
- Splits: The PM stores the last good heart rate at the end of a split.
- Interval work period: The PM stores the last good heart rate at the end of the interval.
- Rest when doing a variable interval workout: The PM stores the ending heart rate.
- Rest when doing a time or distance interval workout: The ending heart rate is not stored.
- Summary: The PM stores the average of the ending heart rates that were recorded for the splits or intervals. The average heart rate during the split or interval is not recorded.