ErgData is a free iOS application designed to run on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch. It requires an iPhone Connection Kit (available from Concept2) to connect the iOS device to a Concept2 Indoor Rower. Once connected, it provides additional rowing statistics, stores and displays your workout results, and uploads your workouts to the Concept2 Online Logbook. It also offers the enhanced visibility of a backlit display.
- A compatible iOS device, running iOS 5 or above. Refer to the following table.
Device Version Notes iPhone 3GS
*These devices require Apple’s Lightning to 30-pin adapter to connect to the iConnectConcept2 cable.
**Concept2 does not recommend using iPads in the Smartphone Cradle, as the Smartphone Cradle is not designed to fit an iPad.
iPod touch 3
- iPhone Connection Kit:
- Order part No. 2780 for $35.00.
- Includes an interface cable as well as a cradle to hold your iPhone or iPod touch
- Concept2 Indoor Rower (any model)
- PM3 or PM4 monitor:
Note: ErgData will not function properly if a LogCard is in the monitor. Remove any LogCard before using ErgData.
- Displays your rowing data in real time.
- Offers a choice of two screens:
- Screen similar to your Performance Monitor (showing choice of watts, calories, or current pace) plus two additional pieces of data from the list below.
- Screen showing:
- Drive Length
- Drive Time
- Average Force
- Peak Force
- Drag Factor
- Stroke Count
- Logs all your rowing workouts, including intervals, splits and heart rate information.
- Uploads workouts directly to the Concept2 Online Logbook.
- Displays your workout information on a color, backlit screen, so you can see your rowing information in a darkened room.
- Displays weight-adjusted scores.
- Allows you to view different units on your monitor and iOS device (for example, you can display watts on the iPhone while viewing average pace on the monitor).
Check out the FAQs for more information.