When using a compatible heart rate chest belt, the PM3 and PM4 store heart rate data as follows:
- Splits: The PM stores the last good heart rate at the end of a split.
- Interval work period: The PM stores the last good heart rate at the end of the interval.
- Rest when doing a variable interval workout: The PM stores the ending heart rate.
- Rest when doing a time or distance interval workout: The ending heart rate is not stored.
- Summary: The PM stores the average of the ending heart rates that were recorded for the splits or intervals. The average heart rate during the split or interval is not recorded.
Instantaneous heart rate data is available during the workout only via USB (PM3/PM4) or RJ45/ANT+ (PM4) interfaces.