Getting Started—or Getting Back—on your RowErg, SkiErg or BikeErg?
We’ve put together a series of workouts designed to get you off to a good start, and offer choices for how you can access these workouts—on our website, on Instagram or by podcast. Each workout focuses on a topic:
- Workout 1: Getting Comfortable on Your Machine
- Workout 2: Experimenting with Stroke Rate (or the cycle time through your stroke) and Your Power
- Workout 3: Introducing Longer Duration Intervals with increasing Stroke Rate Targets
- Workout 4: Focusing on Long Steady State Efforts
- Workout 5: Seeing how fast, or how hard, or how much power you can put into short 1 minute intervals
- Workout 6: Establishing your Benchmark
On Our Website
Beginning October 2 with Workout #1: If you haven’t been following Concept2, just search for @concept2inc and click on the “Follow” button. There will be a new workout every few days until all six are published. If you miss one, they will all be saved for you in Concept2’s Instagram story highlights, which can be found on the @concept2inc profile.
If you are new to podcasts, you can sample a podcast easily by clicking on the “play” link on the RowErg First Workouts page. There are podcasts for Workouts #1 and #2 of this series that focus on the RowErg. If you are already a podcast user, you can find our podcast, “As the Flywheel Spins,” wherever you listen to your other podcasts. Consider this series as the first step in establishing a training routine for fall and beyond. Once you have completed all six workouts, consider these next steps:
- Try our Workout of the Day (WOD). You can sign up to receive it emailed to your inbox daily: RowErg | SkiErg | BikeErg
- Continue with “As the Flywheel Spins” workouts. There are over 80 podcast workouts to follow!