Each day we offer three workouts to help you stay on track with your training. Choose from the short, medium, or long workout depending on your goals and schedule for that day.
If you don't like what we've chosen, use the “show alternate” links to display random selections for each workout type.
Workout durations include time to warm up and cool down. These durations may vary somewhat for distance-based training, depending on your pace.
|Max 30 min.||45 min.||60+ min.|
Your workouts for November 16, 2019
10 x 1 min / 1 min easy
This is one of the monitor's preset standard workouts. Pre-set the monitor for a work time of 1:00 and a rest time of 1:00. Alternate one minute of fairly intense riding with one minute of easy pedaling, for a total of 20 minutes.
10 x 2 min / 1 min easy
Pre-set the monitor for a work time of 2:00 and a rest time of 1:00. Alternate two minutes of fairly intense riding with one minute of easy riding, for a total of 30 minutes.
5 x 4000m cadence increase / 2 min easy
Ride five 4000 meter pieces. In each piece change the cadence every 1000m. The first 1000m @ 75 rpm. Then 1000m @ 80 rpm, 1000m @ 85, 1000m @ 90, and 1000m @ 95. Ride for two minutes easily during the rest period.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Prepare and recover: Warm-up, cool-down, and stretch every time you train. Remember that workouts of greater intensity require a longer warm-up.
Use the button sequences: Button sequences are provided to help you set up your PM3, PM4 or PM5. Starting from the Main Menu, press the gray buttons on the right as indicated by the sequence: "A" corresponds to the top gray button on the right, "B" corresponds to the second gray button on the right, and so on down through E.
To access and view even more data, download our free app, ErgData.
About intensity: These workouts are designed to work for a wide range of ability and experience, so they do not specify a certain pace, power, or heart rate zone.
- Hard: Intense work that still allows you to finish the workout.
- Sustainable: A pace that can be maintained comfortably for the entire workout. Intensity where you are able to carry on a conversation.
- Light pressure or easy paddling, poling or pedalling: Rest phase. Don’t stop! Continue very slowly and easily.
Remember: You are always welcome to adjust the intensity to meet your needs!
Damper Setting: Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 3-5 provides the best aerobic workout. More on damper.
- SkiErg: 1-3, then adjust (as desired) to match different ski and snow conditions.
- BikeErg: Use a damper setting that allows you to maintain the cadence (rpm) suggested.
Cadence/Stroke Rate: Generally, a higher cadence/stroke rate is used on shorter workouts. Lower cadence/stroke rates are for longer workouts. Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 22-30 strokes per minute (spm).
- SkiErg: 35-45 pulls per minute (spm).
- BikeErg: 60-100 revolutions per minute (rpm).