Each day we offer three workouts to help you stay on track with your training. Choose from the short, medium, or long workout depending on your goals and schedule for that day.
If you don't like what we've chosen, use the “show alternate” links to display random selections for each workout type.
Workout durations include time to warm up and cool down. These durations may vary somewhat for distance-based training, depending on your pace.
|Max 30 min.||45 min.||60+ min.|
Your workouts for September 28, 2021
5 x 1000m / 2 min easy
Ride for 1000 meters at good intensity at your choice of damper setting, then rest by riding for two minutes easily at damper 1. Repeat 4 more times.
40 minutes with cadence change
Ride a 40 minute piece at moderate intensity, changing cadence every two minutes as follows: start at 75 rpm, then 85 rpm, back to 75 rpm and so on.
60 minute time trial
Ride a 60 minute time trial, going for your personal best. After you've finished. enter your time in the Online Ranking and see where you stand with others of your age and gender.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Prepare and recover: Warm-up, cool-down, and stretch every time you train. Remember that workouts of greater intensity require a longer warm-up.
Use the button sequences: Button sequences are provided to help you set up your PM3, PM4 or PM5. Starting from the Main Menu, press the gray buttons on the right as indicated by the sequence: "A" corresponds to the top gray button on the right, "B" corresponds to the second gray button on the right, and so on down through E.
To access and view even more data, download our free app, ErgData.
About intensity: These workouts are designed to work for a wide range of ability and experience, so they do not specify a certain pace, power, or heart rate zone.
- Hard: Intense work that still allows you to finish the workout.
- Sustainable: A pace that can be maintained comfortably for the entire workout. Intensity where you are able to carry on a conversation.
- Light pressure or easy paddling, poling or pedalling: Rest phase. Don’t stop! Continue very slowly and easily.
Remember: You are always welcome to adjust the intensity to meet your needs!
Damper Setting: Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 3-5 provides the best aerobic workout. More on damper.
- SkiErg: 1-3, then adjust (as desired) to match different ski and snow conditions.
- BikeErg: Use a damper setting that allows you to maintain the cadence (rpm) suggested.
Cadence/Stroke Rate: Generally, a higher cadence/stroke rate is used on shorter workouts. Lower cadence/stroke rates are for longer workouts. Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 22-30 strokes per minute (spm).
- SkiErg: 35-45 pulls per minute (spm).
- BikeErg: 60-100 revolutions per minute (rpm).