Each day we offer three workouts to help you stay on track with your training. Choose from the short, medium, or long workout depending on your goals and schedule for that day.
If you don't like what we've chosen, use the “show alternate” links to display random selections for each workout type.
Workout durations include time to warm up and cool down. These durations may vary somewhat for distance-based training, depending on your pace.
|Max 30 min.||45 min.||60+ min.|
Your workouts for April 06, 2020
5 x 1500m / 2 min easy
Ride five 1500 meter pieces. Pedal easily for two minutes between the pieces.
3 x 8 min with level change/ 4 min easy
Pre-set the monitor for a work time of 8:00 and a rest time of 4:00. Let your cadence vary as follows per interval: First interval: 3 minutes @ 75 rpm, 1 minute @ 85 rpm, 3 minutes @ 80 rpm, 1 minute @ 90 rpm. Second interval: 2 minutes @ 75 rpm, 2 minutes @ 85 rpm, 2 minutes @ 80 rpm, 2 minutes @ 90 rpm. Third interval: 1 minute @ 75 rpm, 3 minutes @ 85 rpm, 1 minute @ 80 rpm, 3 minutes @ 90 rpm. During the rest time continue pedaling easily.
6 x 4000m / 3 min easy
Ride six 4000 meter pieces. Ride for three minutes easily between the pieces.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Prepare and recover: Warm-up, cool-down, and stretch every time you train. Remember that workouts of greater intensity require a longer warm-up.
Use the button sequences: Button sequences are provided to help you set up your PM3, PM4 or PM5. Starting from the Main Menu, press the gray buttons on the right as indicated by the sequence: "A" corresponds to the top gray button on the right, "B" corresponds to the second gray button on the right, and so on down through E.
To access and view even more data, download our free app, ErgData.
About intensity: These workouts are designed to work for a wide range of ability and experience, so they do not specify a certain pace, power, or heart rate zone.
- Hard: Intense work that still allows you to finish the workout.
- Sustainable: A pace that can be maintained comfortably for the entire workout. Intensity where you are able to carry on a conversation.
- Light pressure or easy paddling, poling or pedalling: Rest phase. Don’t stop! Continue very slowly and easily.
Remember: You are always welcome to adjust the intensity to meet your needs!
Damper Setting: Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 3-5 provides the best aerobic workout. More on damper.
- SkiErg: 1-3, then adjust (as desired) to match different ski and snow conditions.
- BikeErg: Use a damper setting that allows you to maintain the cadence (rpm) suggested.
Cadence/Stroke Rate: Generally, a higher cadence/stroke rate is used on shorter workouts. Lower cadence/stroke rates are for longer workouts. Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 22-30 strokes per minute (spm).
- SkiErg: 35-45 pulls per minute (spm).
- BikeErg: 60-100 revolutions per minute (rpm).