2021 Regatta Service Schedule
Concept2 travels to several regattas each year to assist regatta competitors with any oar service needs. Please refer to our Regatta Service Policies and Practices.
Concept2 has suspended company travel due to coronavirus (COVID-19) and will no longer be attending the regattas crossed out below.
Concept2 Domestic Regatta Service Schedule
|San Diego Crew Classic®||San Diego, California, USA||March 27–28|
|Dad Vail Regatta||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA||May 7–8|
|New England Youth Championships||Lowell, Massachusetts, USA||May 15–16|
|Heart of Texas Regatta||Austin, Texas, USA||May 15–16|
|National Championships (Concept2 attendance TBD)||Camden, New Jersey, USA||July 13–18|
|Head of the Charles||Boston, Massachusetts, USA||Oct 23–24|
|Head of the Hooch||Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA||Nov 6–7|
Concept2 International Regatta Service Schedule
|European Championships||Varese, Italy||April 9–11|
|World Cup I||Zagreb, Croatia||April 30–May 2|
|Final Olympic Qualification Regatta||Lucerne, Switzerland||May 16–18|
|World Cup II||Lucerne, Switzerland||May 21–23|
|World Cup III||Sabaudia, Italy||June 4–6|
|Under 23 World Championships||Racice, Czech Republic||July 7–11|
|Olympics||Tokyo, Japan||July 23–30|
|Henley Royal Regatta||Henley-on-Thames, England||Aug 11–15|
|Junior World Championships||Plovdiv, Bulgaria||Aug 11–15|
|Paralympics||Tokyo, Japan||Aug 27–29|
|World Masters||Linz, Austria||Sept 1–5|
|World Championships||Shanghai, China||Oct 17–24|
Regatta Service Policies and Practices
- The purpose of regatta service is to replace wearing parts on oars (grips, sleeves) and repair, where possible, damage related to typical use.
- Work is done first-come, first-served, no reservations.
- Parts and labor are free of charge.
- Oars being used for racing are given priority.
- Oar shafts broken in half are not repairable and will not be replaced at a regatta unless prior arrangements have been made with Concept2.
- Please bring 1 set (4pr or 5pr) of sweeps and/or 5pr sculls MAX. If we are able to accept more, we will let you know at check-in.
- Oars must be picked up by the end of racing. Customers should check back throughout the event to see if the work is done. Concept2 is not liable for oars that are not picked up, lost or stolen.
- Certain work, such as blade and handle replacement, is deemed to be an “upgrade” rather than a standard repair. Upgrade parts must be purchased and shipped to the customer prior to the event and brought with the oars for free installation.
- Because of space limitations, Concept2 is unable to bring new oars to regattas.
- Concept2 rents oars and sculls for the following events only:
- Concept2 repairs oars for the lifetime of the oars, regardless of the oar purchase date and regardless of transfer of ownership. Oars will not be worked on only if they are deemed “unrowable" upon inspection by a Concept2 Oar technician.