Symptom: The Performance Monitor display has faded or incomplete segments.
Resolution: Faded or incomplete segments indicate a poor connection between the LCD and the circuit board. To remedy, clean the LCD, the circuit board and the rubber elastomers that make the connections. Using isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol on a cotton swab, do the following:
- Clean the edges of the LCD that make contact with the rubber strips.
- Clean the two edges of the rubber strips that make contact with board and LCD.
- Clean the two rows of contacts on the circuit board.
- Clean the areas of the circuit board where buttons (keypad) make contact.
- Clean the back side of the buttons.
If cleaning the monitor does not improve the display, an upgrade to a PM5 monitor will be needed. Replacement LCDs are no longer available for PM2/PM2+ Performance Monitors. The PM5 Monitor Retrofit Kit is available from Concept2.