Have you been out on ErgData's Real Time Loop yet? Real Time Loop is a cool feature in ErgData that allows you to row, ski or ride in real time with other Concept2 community members from around the world. Each person on the loop is represented by their country flag and avatar. It’s interesting to see how many different countries are represented at any given time, and it’s fun to learn just a bit about the other people by seeing their avatars.
Q: What’s an avatar?
A. In the world of ErgData, your avatar is the round marker that represents you on the Real Time Loop. If you have photo in your online logbook profile, that photo will show up as your avatar. If you don't have a photo, ErgData will use your first and last initial as your avatar.
Q. How do I add my photo to my avatar?
A. There are two ways to add a photo for your avatar:
1. In your Concept2 Online Logbook
In the top right corner of the home page of your online logbook, click on the profile icon, or the thumbnail image.
- Select “Edit Profile.”
- Click on “Image” in the left-hand menu.
- Click on “Choose File” and select the image you want to use.
- Click “Update” to make the change.
2. Right in ErgData!
- Select “Settings” at the bottom right.
- Tap on the photo or profile icon.
- Choose from Camera (to take a picture now) or Gallery (to choose a photo from the pictures on your phone or tablet).
- Take or choose your photo.
Q. Do I have to have a photo as my avatar?
A. No, ErgData will default to your initials if you haven’t added a photo yet or don't wish to use a photo.
Q. Can I change my avatar once I’ve created it?
A. Yes, any time! Remember, it will make it harder for others to recognize you if you change your avatar often.
Q. Can you share some avatars of Concept2 employees?
A. Yes! We were hoping you would ask! Here’s a sampling. Hope we see you out there.