Welcome to today’s Concept2 Workout of the Day (WOD). Each day we offer a workout to help you stay on track with your training.
All of these workouts are suitable for either your RowErg, SkiErg or BikeErg. They offer a variety of workout formats that range in duration from 20 - 45 minutes.
Your workout for September 25, 2022
8/6/4/2 minutes with 3 minutes rest
An 8 minute work interval, then a 6 minute work interval, then 4 minutes, then 2 minutes. 3 minutes light between each.
The Workout of the Day is now available in ErgData and can be set up on the monitor with a single tap. See the ErgData page for more information.
See what other members of the Concept2 community have done for today's workout.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
Prepare and recover: Warm-up, cool-down, and stretch every time you train. Remember that workouts of greater intensity require a longer warm-up.
Let technology help: Download our free app, ErgData to help program the workout easily into your monitor as well as record your effort so you can track your progress. Note: Concept2 worked with the American Council of the Blind (ACB) on ErgData to help ensure accessibility to people who are blind or have low vision.
About intensity: These workouts are designed to work for a wide range of ability and experience, so they do not specify a certain pace, power, or heart rate zone.
- Hard: Intense work that still allows you to finish the workout.
- Sustainable: A pace that can be maintained comfortably for the entire workout. Intensity where you are able to carry on a conversation.
- Light pressure or easy paddling, poling or pedalling: Rest phase. Don’t stop! Continue very slowly and easily.
Remember: You are always welcome to adjust the intensity to meet your needs!
Damper Setting: Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 3-5 provides the best aerobic workout. More on damper.
- SkiErg: 1-3, then adjust (as desired) to match different ski and snow conditions.
- BikeErg: Use a damper setting that allows you to maintain the cadence (rpm) suggested.
Cadence/Stroke Rate: Generally, a higher cadence/stroke rate is used on shorter workouts. Lower cadence/stroke rates are for longer workouts. Unless otherwise noted:
- Indoor Rower: 22-30 strokes per minute (spm).
- SkiErg: 35-45 pulls per minute (spm).
- BikeErg: 60-100 revolutions per minute (rpm).