NFC (Near Field Communication) is a technology that allows a device (typically a smart phone) to be placed in very close proximity with another device (in this case a PM5 Performance Monitor) to assist in connection. NFC can be used to connect your smart phone to the PM5 while using ErgData. In order for NFC to work, the following requirements must be met:
- Concept2 Indoor Rowers, SkiErgs or BikeEgs equipped with a PM5 running hardware version 620 or higher. These PM5s will have a green and silver Concept2 logo.
- ErgData app installed on one the following devices:
- Android device with NFC capabilities (this includes most Motorola and Samsung among others)
- iPhone 7 or above running iOS 11 or above
How to Connect Using an Android Device
- Unlock the Android phone so it's "on".
- Bring the Android phone to the PM5 screen. The optimal position will vary, but usually it's best to bring the middle back of the phone to the PM5 LCD screen.
- The PM5 should power up.
- ErgData will launch and be "paired" and ready to use within 10 seconds.
- If ErgData was not installed yet, the Google Play store will launch with ErgData on the screen ready to be installed.
How to Connect Using an iOS Device
- Install and launch ErgData.
- Tap the N)) icon near the gear icon in the lower right corner.
- Bring the iPhone to the PM5 screen. It seems to work best when 'pointing' the top of the iPhone at the PM5's LCD screen.
- Regardless of being connected to any other PM5’s in the room, ErgData should pair with the PM5.