Older PM3s may be incompatible with the original version of the iConnectConcept2 cable (cables shipped prior to March 2013). If you are having problems with an older PM3 and one of the original iConnect cables, you can check for this incompatibility as follows:
- Plug the iConnectConcept2 cable into your iPhone or other iOS device.
- Run the ErgData app.
- Check that the "Please connect PM3, PM4 or PM5" message appears in the bottom left corner of any of the ErgData screens. (If the message does not appear, then there is a problem with your iOS device.)
- Go to the fourth ErgData Screen. The ErgData app version appears in the lower right corner of the fourth screen. With the cable plugged into your iOS device, tap on the word "ErgData." The message will now display either "Cable V 200" or "Cable V 202."
- If the message says "Cable V 202," then this iConnectConcept2 cable should work with all monitors. Ensure the firmware is up to date on the Performance Monitor. If the problem persists after updating the firmware, please contact Concept2 for assistance.
- If the message says “Cable V 200,” then the cable may not be compatible with all older PM3 monitors:
- If your PM3 serial number* starts with 1000, 2000 or 3000, your monitor will likely not work with the original (V 200) cable.
- If your PM3 serial number starts with 3001 and:
- The hardware version** is between 200 and 435, your monitor will likely not work with the original cable.
- The hardware version** is above 435, your monitor should work with the original cable, provided you are running the latest firmware.
- If your PM3 serial number* starts with 3002 or 4000, your monitor should work with the original cable.
* To find your monitor's serial number, look on the monitor caseback.
** To find your monitor's hardware version:
- Power up the monitor.
- From the Main Menu, go to More Options > Utilities > Product ID.