The Venue Race Application (VRA) allows you to connect two or more indoor rowers with PM3s or PM4s for racing. Indoor rowers can be linked using USB hubs and cables or PM4s with ethernet cables. This program is designed to meet the needs of venue races, such as the CRASH-Bs.
The Venue Race Application has several methods of communicating with PM3s and PM4s:
- USB—For up to 20 ergs attached to a PC
- Wired RS485—For up to 40 ergs attached to a PC
The latest version is Version 3.3.3. Version 3.3.3:
- Allows for short races (this was a bug in 3.2.22).
- Fixes some issues for large races, especially when reconfiguring them mid-day.
- Prevents the Esc key from unexpectedly exiting the app.
- Fixes a lane numbering issue.
- Contains miscellaneous other fixes.
The current version of the Venue Race Application is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (see below). Concept2 has not tested and is not supporting Windows 8 for the 2012–2013 race season. Concept2 recommends using Windows 7.
Note: Before using this application for a live race, please test every feature on the system you plan to use and report any problems to email@example.com.
Windows 7 Information
If you plan to use the Venue Race Application on Windows 7, we recommend taking the following steps after installing the VRA software:
- On your computer desktop, right-click the VRA shortcut icon.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab at the top of the page.
- Select Disable desktop composition.
- Click OK.
Recommended PM3/PM4 Firmware
Venue Race Application 3.3.3
Version 3.3.3 is the general release version of the Venue Race application. You can access it using the following links:
Version 3.2.22 was the general release version of the Venue Race Application for many years. If you prefer to use version 3.2.22, you can access it using the following links: