Refer to the Dynamic Indoor Rower User Manual for illustrations of the following procedures.
Wipe the monorail with a cloth or non-abrasive scouring pad after use. You can use soap and water or any glass cleaner. Do not use mineral acids, bleach, or coarse abrasives.
Every 50 Hours of Use
Weekly for Institutional Users
- Clean and lubricate the chain with one teaspoon of chain oil provided by Concept2 (or substitute purified mineral oil, 3-in-1 oil, or 20W motor oil). Apply oil to a paper towel and run along the chain. Wipe off excess. Repeat if needed.
- Inspect drive cord for wear (see image at right for examples). The drive cord is a single cord that is connected to the handle on one end and the foot carriage on the other end. Inspect the entire length of the drive cord, including the section that is inside the shuttle channel.
- Tighten the shock cord if the return force on the handle is not as much as desired.
- Check for dust inside the flywheel with a flashlight. Vacuum if needed.
- Check screws for tightness, including those used for assembly.