Indoor racing on the RowErg is open to anyone. A race makes a great training goal, and it’s an opportunity to connect with a lot of like-minded members of the Concept2 community. You may find that you do pretty well in your age group—or you may find that it gives you some new training goals. Find a race near you or use racing as a reason to travel somewhere new.
- Start by having a look at our indoor race calendar and see if there is a race near you.
- Choose your race, check out their website, note the registration deadline and then enter!
- Start your training, preferably with a couple months lead time. Starting at least one month before the race would be advisable. Here are some training suggestions:
- Follow this 2k training plan to get yourself race-ready.
- Do the WOD (Workout of the Day) that’s posted daily on the Concept2 website, or get it on ErgData, where it loads onto your PM5 with a single click.
- Continue with your regular training routine but be sure to include a few 2000 meter pieces to get you used to the distance.