When I run ErgChatter, I get no sound or speech.
Perform the following steps:
- Ensure the volume is turned up on your computer and that "Mute" is not checked. (Generally, this setting is located within the Windows Control Panel.)
- Go to My Documents/Music/Sample Music and click on one of the sample music files. You should hear music. If you don't, there is a problem with the sound card, Windows, or your speakers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, click the start icon (the circle in the lower left corner,) then go to Control Panel >Ease of Access >Ease of Access Center >Start Narrator. Point at something on the screen; the computer will read whatever is under the pointer.
- If you do not hear voices from the computer, then something is broken with your Windows Vista system, and you should contact Microsoft or your support person for assistance.
- If you do hear voices, then ErgChatter should work as well.