It’s important to include speed work in your training regimen, even if you’re a long distance runner. If you need a challenge without the impact on your legs, rowing is a great solution. Workouts can be transferred easily, and as with running, you are in complete control of your intensity with rowing.
Before trying this workout, please read our liability disclaimer.
Goal: Simulate a track workout without the pounding.
- Row easily for 5 minutes to warm up; get off and stretch briefly.
- Row two sets of (4 x 400m) as follows:
- Row 400m at moderate intensity.
- Row easily for 1 minute.
- Repeat for a total of four 400m.
- Row easily for 3 minutes.
- Repeat for another set of four 400m.
- Row easily again for 3 minutes.
- Row easily for 5 minutes to cool down.