Staying Motivated (In a Pandemic)
We’re many months into the COVID-19 pandemic, which mean some of our early fitness goals may be fading. It can be hard to stay motivated while working out at home. Here are 7 ways to jump-start your fitness as winter approaches:
- Change it up! If you’re always doing the same workouts, you may not be challenging your body in new ways. Interval training has proven benefits. Try a new workout or sign up to receive the Workout Of the Day.
- Explore. If you haven’t explored other options on the Performance Monitor, we suggest pressing a few buttons and discovering additional options. Have you tried playing a Game on the Performance Monitor yet?
- Set up a free Online Logbook. If you haven’t joined our logbook, we recommend creating an account where you can track your workouts and take part in online challenges, analyze progress, and connect to training partners. It’s also a really cool way to compare your results against others worldwide.
- Join a challenge. Our most popular challenge, the Holiday Challenge, is coming up. This is a great way to give back, too, since there is a charitable component! It feels great to exercise for a cause during this difficult time.
- Chase a new goal or redefine your training plan. We offer plans and resources to give structure to your training. Our Training Guide can help you achieve your goals, whatever they may be!
- Follow a trainer, program or class. If you miss the gym atmosphere where you work out with others, there are ways to recreate the experience at home. Here are a few of our favorite trainers and special offers:
- The Concept2 Workout podcast leads you through every step of the workout. Check out the new episodes!
- Dark Horse Rowing offers a range of courses.
- FitTown Remote offers online, full-body functional fitness classes that incorporate the Concept2 RowErg, BikeErg and SkiErg along with barbells, dumbbells, boxes, and more. FitTown takes care of the clock, music, and coaching so you can focus on your workout. Try a 2-week free trial and ask about special offers for Concept2 customers.
- Regatta Fitness provides video classes for you to follow along.
- SCULLHOUSE Rowing offers live and on demand virtual classes led by a former Canadian national team rower and current Concept2 world record holder in the 24-hour event. Use concept2free at checkout to get your first class free.
- Treat yourself to new equipment. Add variety to your training, whether it’s a new Concept2 RowErg, SkiErg or BikeErg (join our wait list to receive product updates), weights or recovery tools. Maybe even new workout clothing will get you excited for your next session. Fitness equipment can be difficult to find, but with patience we hope you can find ways to expand your home gym.