Keeping Your PM5 Firmware Up-to-Date
Your Performance Monitor (PM) comes with the latest firmware (on-board software) preinstalled. However, new versions come out on a fairly regular basis—whether to add new features, fix bugs or make other improvements. With a goal of making it easy for you to keep your PM up-to-date, we offer free software called the Concept2 Utility, which enables you to download and install the latest PM firmware at any time. It also enables you to do other things with your workout results—but for now, this article will focus on the firmware update capability.
Are you curious to know if your PM5 firmware is current? From the Main Menu, select More Options > Utilities > Product ID. The version number will be listed as "PM Firmware Version" at the top of the Product ID window. Check the Firmware Timeline to find out what the latest available firmware version is, and what it has to offer.
To update your PM, you’ll need a way of getting the updated firmware from the Concept2 Utility (which lives on your computer) to the PM (which lives on your indoor rower or SkiErg). This can be accomplished in either of two ways:
- Recommended: Use a USB cable to directly connect your PM to your computer.
- Alternate method: Use a USB flash drive to receive the firmware update from the Utility, and then deliver it to the PM5. (May not work with all flash drives.)
The first step is to download the free Concept2 Utility from our website. Then follow the instructions provided to complete the firmware update. We’ve put together some videos to help guide you through this process:
- Installing the Concept2 Utility on a Mac (video and general instructions)
- Installing the Concept2 Utility on a Windows PC (video and general instructions)
- Updating PM firmware with a USB cable (general instructions)
- Updating PM firmware with a USB flash drive (video and general instructions)