ErgData is a free application designed to run on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch. It supports Bluetooth Smart wireless connectivity for connecting the iOS device to a Concept2 Indoor Rower or SkiErg equipped with a PM5 monitor. For Concept2 Indoor Rowers and SkiErgs equipped with a PM3 or PM4, ErgData requires an iPhone Connection Kit (available from Concept2) to establish the connection. PM5 users who plan to connect wirelessly need only the Smartphone Cradle.
- Concept2 Indoor Rowers or SkiErgs equipped with a PM3, PM4 or PM5 (Important: Please review the Known Issues to ensure Performance Monitor compatibility prior to purchase.):
- iPhone Connection Kit (Required for PM3s and PM4s. Also required for PM5s if not using a wireless connection.):
- Order part number 2780 for $35.00.
- Includes an iConnectConcept2 cable as well as a cradle to hold your iPhone or iPod touch
- Smartphone Cradle
- Order part number 1098 for $5.00 (not needed if you purchase the kit (part number 2780), because it is included in the kit; if you have a PM5 and plan to connect wirelessly, the cradle is all you need.)
- A compatible iOS device, running iOS 5 or above. Refer to the following table.
Device Version Device Notes iPhone
5 and later*
* iPhone 5 and later, iPod touch 5 and later, and iPad 4Gs and later require Apple’s Lightning to 30-pin adapter to connect to the iConnectConcept2 cable.
**Concept2 does not recommend using iPads in the Smartphone Cradle, as the Smartphone Cradle is not designed to fit an iPad.
Additional Requirements and Information
- ErgData will not function properly if a LogCard is in the PM3/PM4 or a USB flash drive is the PM5. Remove any LogCard or USB flash drive before using ErgData.
- Polar Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth Smart) heart rate belts require iOS 6 or higher and one of the following devices:
- iPhone 4s or newer
- iPad 3G
- iPod touch 5G
- iPad Mini
- For Voice Guidance, you must be running iOS 7 or higher.