ErgData allows you to upload workouts to your Online Logbook at concept2.com. This is referred to as syncing.
To sync workouts:
- In the lower right corner of ErgData, click the gear icon to access the Preferences screen:
- Scroll until you see "Concept2 Online Logbook Sign In >" and tap it.
- Using the credentials you would use to log into your online logbook at concept2.com (and taking care to match case, as ErgData requires case-sensitivity), tap Username and type your username, tap Password and type your password, and then tap Sign In. ErgData remembers these entries, so you can start with step 5 when you want to upload workouts in the future.
- ErgData will alert you as to whether or not it was able to connect to your online logbook. If successful, tap OK. If unsuccessful, tap OK and re-enter your credentials. Once you've successfully connected, tap Preferences and Back to return to the main ErgData screens.
- Access the LogBook screen (the third ErgData screen).
- Tap Sync. ErgData will upload any new workouts to your online logbook. Workouts in your online logbook at concept2.com are not imported into the ErgData app.
If you do not have an online logbook, you can create one either by clicking the Register now link on the Concept2 Online Logbook screen in ErgData Preferences or by visiting the New Profile Setup for Online Ranking/Logbook page. To view your online logbook at concept2.com, click View your Concept2 online logbook on the Concept2 Online Logbook screen in ErgData Preferences (or visit log.concept2.com) and enter your login credentials.
More About Syncing Workouts
- Workouts uploaded in this manner will have ErgData as the type and are considered verified entries for the Rankings and records.
- You can only sync workouts that were done during the current ranking year. Each ranking year runs from May 1 to April 30. If the workout you want to sync is outside of the current ranking year, you will need to log into your online logbook at concept2.com and enter it as a historical workout (click History in your online logbook to enter the workout).
- Synced interval workouts are uploaded as one workout where the distance equals the total distance (rest and work meters combined) and the time equals the total time (rest and work intervals combined).
- If you do not see any workouts listed in ErgData to upload, and you have definitely done some, check the Performance Monitor to see if a LogCard is inserted. If so, remove it when you want to use ErgData. As long as a LogCard is in the monitor, any workouts will get stored to it and not to the ErgData app.