ErgData is a free application designed to run on newer Android devices that support USB Host Mode. It requires an Android Concept2 cable (available from Concept2) to connect the Android device to a Concept2 Indoor Rower. Alternately, it is possible to use a USB cable and a USB OTG adapter to connect the Android device to a Concept2 Indoor Rower. Not all Android devices support USB connection to a PM3 or PM4, so please check the compatibility list below or test your device before purchasing cables or a cradle for your device.
- Concept2 Indoor Rower (any model) with a PM3 or PM4 monitor:
- A compatible Android device with a firmware version that supports USB Host mode. To test compatibility, use the “USB Host Diagnostics” app available free from the Google Play Store. If the USB Host Diagnostics pass all tests, then ErgData for Android will work.
The following versions support USB Host mode:
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb API Level 12 or higher should work but no testing has been done by Concept2. Use the USB Host diagnostics to check.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Android Concept2 cable (available from Concept2)
- Order part number 2781 for $10.00.
- Includes an interface cable as well as a cradle to hold your Android smartphone
USB Cable and a USB OTG (On-The-Go) Adapter (available from Amazon, Monoprice and other online vendors). When using a USB cable with USB to OTG Adapter, for smartphones, Concept2 recommends part number 1093 Smartphone Cradle for $5.00
Please note that Concept2 cannot guarantee compatibility with any particular device. Manufacturers frequently make changes that may disable ErgData, or you may have an earlier version than we tested. Some devices may require additional steps or special hardware to make it work, and some will never work.
Refer to the following table for some common Android devices and our current test results.
|Asus Infinity Tablet||Yes|
|Droid Razr M||Yes|
|Google Nexus 7 (2012 version)||Yes|
|Google Nexus 7 (2013 version)||Yes|
|Motorola Rzr Maxx HD||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy 4||Yes|
|Sony Xperia GO 4.1||Yes|
|Coby MID 4331-4||No|
|Google Nexus 4||No|
|HTC Droid Incredible||No|
Note: ErgData will not function properly if a LogCard is in the monitor. Remove any LogCard before using ErgData.