You have connected your Performance Monitor to your computer with the USB cable, but the red X over the PM icon on the Concept2 Utility main window will not go away.
This indicates that the Concept2 Utility cannot see the PM. Take the following steps.
- Shut down any other PM software (like Rowpro or Polar WebSync) that you have running. Note: Polar WebSync, in particular, prevents the PM from communicating with the Concept2 Utility. Additionally, Dell Stage and Fingertapps software (which is included on some Dell Touch screens) have also prevented communication between the PM and the Concept2 Utility.
- Unplug the PM.
- Reboot your computer.
- After reboot, run only the Concept2 Utility.
- Turn on your computer's volume.
- Plug the PM back into the computer, taking care to plug the USB cable in correctly. Your computer should make a ding-ding sound whenever the PM is plugged in or unplugged. If you did not hear this sound and the red X persists:
- Try plugging the USB into a different port on your computer.
- If the problem persists, try using a different USB cable. (Any USB cable will work; it does not have to be one from Concept2.) If the new cable works, the old cable is faulty.
- If using a different cable does not resolve the issue, remove the USB cable and the battery pack (PM4 only) or batteries from the monitor, and leave them out for 30 minutes. Then, reinstall the batteries/battery pack, and the USB cable, and try again.
- If still no success, the USB port on your computer may be bad. You can test this by trying another computer. Otherwise, contact Concept2 for additional support.