At concept2.com, you can create a free online logbook for storing your meters and participating in online challenges. To save you from having to hand-key your workouts into your online logbook, you can use this option to upload your workout data directly to your online logbook.
To use this option, you will need a working internet connection, an online logbook at concept2.com, and one of the following:
- A USB flash drive or a LogCard with workouts on it
- A PM5 with workouts in Memory
We also recommend having your online logbook username, password and Ranking ID handy before using this option. Your Ranking ID is your unique identifier in our online logbook database. You can find your Ranking ID by logging into your online logbook and clicking Profile. Your Ranking ID will be listed in the Profile Settings section.
- Establish an internet connection.
- If you have not already done so, download and install the Concept2 Utility, and then run it.
- Attach a device as applicable:
- Insert your USB flash drive into your computer
- Attach your PM5 to your computer using a standard USB cable
- Connect your PM or card reader to your computer and insert your LogCard into it
- On the main Concept2 Utility window, click Transfer Data > Upload to Online Logbook. The utility will read the workout data and display it in a Data Viewer window.
- In the Data Viewer window you should see a list of all the workouts saved for the user on the USB flash drive or PM5 memory or a list of all the LogCard Users and their workouts from the LogCard (each LogCard can have up to five users). If the information next to your name is an ID number followed by your ranking username, then you've already validated (logged in) to the online logbook server in the past. If the Ranking ID and username is incorrect, or if "Click to Login" appears next to your name, you will need to validate to the online logbook server. Note: Because PM5 Memory does not store your username or Ranking ID, you will need to validate every time you want to upload your workouts from the PM5 Memory. To validate:
- If "Click to Login" appears next to your name, click Click to Login and go to the next step. If the wrong Ranking ID appears next to your name, click Settings, then select your name in the User field and click Reset. Then go to the next step.
- In the Login window, enter the username and password you use to log into your online logbook at concept2.com.
- Click Validate. If you have entered your username and password correctly, the utility will retrieve and display your Ranking ID. Verify that the Ranking ID retrieved matches the Ranking ID from your online profile. If it doesn't, or if you cannot validate successfully, contact Concept2 for assistance.
- Click OK.
- The utility compares the workout data to upload with the workouts you have already posted in your online logbook. It grays out any workouts that cannot be uploaded. This includes:
- Workouts done outside of the current ranking year. Each ranking year runs from May 1 to April 30. If the workout you want to upload is outside of the current ranking year, you will need to log into your online logbook at concept2.com and enter it as an historical workout (click History in your online logbook to enter the workout).
- Workouts done during the current ranking year that are already in your online logbook. The Concept2 Utility synchronizes workouts on date, time, and distance. If the date, time, and distance of a workout in your online logbook matches that of a workout listed in the Utility, that workout will not be available for upload so that you don’t end up with duplicate meters in your logbook.
- Select the workouts you would like to upload to your online logbook.
- Click Upload to Logbook.
- The Concept2 Utility uploads interval workouts as one workout where the distance equals the total distance (rest and work meters combined) and the time equals the total time (rest and work intervals combined).
- Following an upload, workouts will remain in PM5 Memory unless you delete the workout from the monitor itself.
- Occasionally, the Concept2 Utility's connection with the ranking server times out. If this occurs, the Concept2 Utility may display a message that you are not authorized, or that some other internet error has occurred. To remedy the issue, shut down the Concept2 Utility and restart it.