It is a good idea to back up your USB flash drive or LogCard periodically. The Create Backup File option allows you to do this very quickly. When backing up a LogCard, the file type this option creates is an .lcb file, which stands for LogCard Backup. When backing up a USB flash drive, the backed up data is stored in a Logbook folder and is represented by multiple files with .bin extensions.
Note for LogCard Users: The Concept2 Utility automatically creates an .lcb file if it encountered and fixed an error on the LogCard while performing any of the Concept2 Utility functions. For more information about these backup files, refer to Repairing Damaged LogCards.
- If you have not already done so, download and install the Concept2 Utility, and then run it.
- Attach a device as applicable:
- Insert your USB flash drive into your computer or
- Connect your PM or card reader to your computer and insert your LogCard into it
- On the main Concept2 Utility window, click Maintain USB Flash Drive > Create Backup or Maintain LogCard > Create Backup.
- The Concept2 Utility displays the default location and (when using a LogCard) the name of the data file it will create:
- To change a file location, click Browse, and select a new location on your computer. This must be a folder that already exists on your computer.
- (LogCard users only) To change the name of the backup file that will be created, type a new file name in the file name box, but leave any file extension listed.
- Click OK.