To use the Concept2 Utility to update the firmware in your Performance Monitor, you need to connect your PM3 or PM4 to your computer.
Follow this procedure if you need to update your firmware or if you want to use your PM3 or PM4 to read your LogCard.
Connecting a PM3 or PM4
Every PM3 and PM4 sold by Concept2 comes with a USB cable for connecting the PM to your computer. If you lost yours, any generic USB cable (commonly available from office supply stores) will work. To connect your PM:
- Plug the flat end (the Standard A plug) of the USB cable into a USB port on your computer.
- Plug the square end (the Standard B plug) of the USB cable into the bottom of the PM, taking care to insert the plug correctly. See image below.
If you need to remove the PM from your indoor rower or SkiErg:
- Unplug the monitor pickup cable from the bottom of the PM.
- Remove the bolt that fastens the PM to the machine.
- Remove the PM from the machine.
Refer to the image below. Depending on which machine you have, the components may look a little different, but the general idea is the same.
The first time you connect a PM3 or PM4 on a Windows computer, you may be prompted to install a driver (a program that allows your computer to interact with the PM) for the “USB Device.” Follow the prompts and accept the default selections. Some versions of Windows may require the Windows Operating System CD to complete driver installation.