Several situations can cause an error code 50:
- Plastic wrap around the flywheel.
- Very fast, arms-only rowing, especially with some older versions of Performance Monitor firmware.
- A dirty flywheel enclosure.
- An incorrectly programmed Performance Monitor.
If you are getting an error code 50, here are some steps to take:
- If this is a new machine, ensure that the plastic wrap has been removed from the flywheel.
- Make sure your PM is running current firmware. See PM3, PM4 or PM5 for more information.
- Check the flywheel enclosure and clean out any debris. Refer to the following instructions:
- For monitors on indoor rowers, ensure that your monitor is correctly programmed for the indoor rower model on which it’s installed: From the Main Menu select More Options > Utilities > Product ID. Look at what appears next to "Model." This should be D or D/E for Model Ds, and D/E for Model E and Dynamic Indoor Rowers. (For reference, D/E will also be listed for SkiErgs, but this procedure applies to indoor rowers only.) If you have retrofitted a monitor to an older indoor rower, this should read C, B or A according to the indoor rower you have. If this doesn't match the indoor rower model you have, take the following steps:
- From the Main Menu, select More Options > Utilities > LCD Contrast.
- Press Change Units or Units three times.
- Press Change Display or Display three times.
- When the Set Rower Type screen appears, press the button next to Change Type until the correct indoor model is displayed:
- D or D/E for Model D Indoor Rowers
- D/E for Model E and Dynamic Indoor Rowers
- C, B or A as appropriate for the indoor rower you have, if you've retrofitted a monitor to an older machine
- Select Set Type to save the setting.
Note: If you change the monitor batteries, you may need to follow this procedure again.
If the problem persists after performing these steps, contact Concept2 for assistance.