If you have tried to update the firmware in your PM more than once and are encountering problems, take the following steps to reset the PM:
- Simultaneously press and hold the Change Units button, as well as the first and fifth gray buttons on the right.
- While holding these buttons, either reset the monitor using a paper clip and the pinhole on the back of the monitor or remove and replace one of the monitor batteries.
- Release the buttons when the PM displays "Concept2 Flash Loader.”
- If the issue is not resolved, close and restart the Concept2 Utility. If the issue persists, try rebooting your computer and attempting the update again.
If you have performed the reset and are still encountering problems with the update, please note the PM screen contents (error messages, etc.) and contact Concept2 for assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.245.5676).
Note for MacBook Users: If you have attempted the update multiple times without success, try another USB port. Some MacBook users have reported that this resolved the issue. If the problem persists, contact Concept2 for assistance.
For additional firmware update troubleshooting, see Concept2 Utility Troubleshooting.
If you encounter an error after the firmware update is complete, recover the PM by trying one or more of the following:
- Remove all other USB devices (printers, scanners, hubs, and so on) while updating your PM.
- Try connecting your PM to a different USB port. Concept2 recommends plugging in directly to a USB port on your computer and not using a hub.
- Try the update on another computer.
If you encounter a problem, we would like to hear from you. Please email email@example.com or contact Concept2 at 800.245.5676.