The current versions of PM3 Firmware are as follows:
- Indoor rowers—The version you need depends on the age of your PM3, although the functionality is the same in each case:
- Version 315 (released November 2012)
- Version 108 (released November 2012)
- SkiErgs—Version 708 (released November 2012)
Current firmware releases resolve many of the issues identified in earlier firmware versions. If you are not running the most current firmware for your monitor, we recommend upgrading. Visit the Firmware Overview page if you need information about which firmware version applies to your monitor.
Timeline for Firmware Versions 303–315
- November 2012—PM3 Firmware Version 315 released. Version 315 is the current version of PM3 firmware for PM3 monitors that use the new microprocessor and are installed on indoor rowers (learn more). Version 315 contains support for ErgData.
- September 2012—PM3 Firmware Version 314 released. This version contained added capabilities for the USB connection.
- November 2010—PM3 Firmware Version 311 released. This version contained:
- May 2010—PM3 Firmware Version 310 released. Version 310 fixes the problem where diagnostics were running when they shouldn't have.
- May 2010—PM3 Firmware Version 309 released. Version 309 contained the following changes:
- Enhancements to various error codes so the user is better informed about what went wrong
- Fix for erratic cursor on some screens
- New loader to improve reliability of firmware updates on some monitors
- Error codes 50–53 (drag factor) now prevented when doing fast arms-only work, provided those strokes are not the first few strokes of a workout or interval
- Venue Racing improvements for logging workouts and support for LogCards
- Automatic detection and repair of corrupt internal Log Memory
- Fix for the problem with diagnostics on some PM3 and PM3-SKI monitors
- Fix for the problem with false error codes (such as code 573 error) and some other erratic behaviors (for example, cursor not blinking or intervals not proceeding)
- February 2010—PM3 Firmware Version 308 released. In version 308, error code 50 was removed from PM3s for Models A, B, and C Indoor Rowers. For Model D and E Indoor Rowers, error code 50 was enhanced to provide the cause of the error, allowing for more accurate technical support.
- May 2009—PM3 Firmware Version 306 released. Version 306 contained the following changes:
- Translation and other typographical changes
- Drag factor correctly displays for very low drag
- Repeated bad drag factors will cause Code 50 error
- Fix for rare issue when coasting to the end of a piece and being left with 1m left on the display
- Prevent favorites from being corrupted when certain combinations of variable intervals are programmed and they exceed the storage capacity of the Favorites memory
- Improved false start reporting and some performance improvement for venue racing
- Fix for Leap Year bug
- Fix for problem with some monitors powering down when the LogCard is inserted
Note: Macintosh OSX users with HP printer software installed should upgrade to the latest firmware version. See PM3 Firmware Known Issues for more information.
- October 2008—PM3 Firmware Version 304 released. Version 304 remedies the issue where verification codes were incompatible with Concept2's Online World Ranking.
- September 2008, Initial Release—Version 303 shipped on all monitors containing the new microprocessor.
Timeline for Firmware Versions 108 and Lower
- November 2012—Version 108 released. Version 108 is the current version of PM3 firmware for PM3s that use the older microprocessor and are installed on indoor rowers. Version 108 contains support for ErgData.
- September 2012—Version 107 released. This version contained added capabilities for the USB connection.
- February 2010—Version 105 released. Version 105 contained a fix for the problem where code 42 errors were occurring when certain Help screens were accessed.
- January 2010—Version 104 released. Version 104 contained the following change:
- Error code 50 was removed from PM3s for Models A, B, and C Indoor Rowers. For Model D and E Indoor Rowers, error code 50 was enhanced to provide the cause of the error, allowing for more accurate technical support.
- November 2007—Production Version 101 released
- October 2007—Beta Version 99 updated and released
- September 2007—Beta Version 99 released
- July 2006—Version 97 released
- November 2005—Version 90 shipped on all PM3s
- July 6, 2004 to November 22, 2005—Version 82 shipped on all PM3s
- July 2004 and earlier—Version 61 shipped on all PM3s
Timeline for Firmware Versions 708
- September 2012—PM3 Firmware Version 707 released. Version 707 is the current version of PM3 firmware for PM3 monitors in use on SkiErgs (learn more). This version contains added capabilities for the USB connection.