- What can I do with the PM2+ Interface Specification?
Using an RS-232 interface, the protocol specification outlines the command and data exchanges needed to extract distance, time and pace information from the Concept 2 PM2+ monitor. This information is sufficient to reproduce the PM2+ Monitor display. From there it's just a matter of using your creativity.
- How do I program the PM2+ Monitor from an RS-232 enabled device?
The commands released in this specification only allow devices to query and receive the data required to replicate the PM2+ Monitor display.
- What programming language should I use and what platforms are supported?
Any programming language that will allow you to use RS-232 communication should suffice. The normal platform would be a PC to PM2+ monitor. Peripheral devices such as PALMs are also supported, but a special cable adapter will probably be needed in this case. More specifically a NULL MODEM and a female-female gender changer will be required.
- Can I get sample programming code?
Yes. See the interface specification document. This code is known to work.
- How do I get support?
This FAQ is the primary support channel. Additional questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I sell my program?
Yes, but please direct your customers to call you for all support issues related to your product.
- I send a command sequence, but nothing comes back.
Check your cable and plugs. Check your (PC) serial port settings. Serial port should be set for 9600 BAUD, 8 bits, no parity, hardware flow control off.
- I am able to receive the data, what do I do with it?
See the interface specification. You will have to write a function/ procedure to interpret the data packets.
- USB (Universal Serial Bus)? Firewire?
No, we do not support USB or Firewire. Only RS-232 communication is supported.
- I'm using Hyperterminal and I type a "0 x B 0 0 x 0 0" and nothing comes back.
In order to receive a response, you need to send a byte with a hexadecimal value of 0xB0, followed by a byte with the value of 0x00 (zero).