Wipe the monorail with a cloth or non-abrasive scouring pad after use. You can use soap and water or any glass cleaner. Do not use mineral acids, bleach, or coarse abrasives.
Every 50 Hours of Use
Weekly for Institutional Users
Clean and lubricate the chain with a teaspoon of purified mineral oil, 3-in-1 oil, or 20W motor oil. Apply oil to a paper towel, and rub the paper towel along entire length of chain. Wipe off the excess. Repeat if needed.
Every 250 Hours of Use (Monthly for Institutional Users)
- Inspect the chain for stiff links. If stiff links are found, and if thorough lubrication does not help, replace the chain.
- Adjust the bottom seat roller if the seat seems to be too loose on the monorail. Loosen the nut and bolt holding the bottom roller in place, remove the roller, and move it to the next tighter set of holes in the seat carriage. Reassemble and tighten nut lightly.
- Inspect the chain-handle connection for wear. If the hole has become elongated, or the U-bolt is worn halfway through, replace the entire connection. Before you order these parts, we recommend that you remove the skewer from the monorail following the instructions in the Return Mechanism Instructions and check for any other worn out parts such as the shock cord, travelling pulley, chain slide, and shock cord pulleys. You may want to order a complete new skewer assembly if several parts are worn. It will make installation of the new chain much easier.
- Tighten the shock cord if the handle does not return all the way against chain guide. See Return Mechanism Instructions).
- Check to be sure that the following nuts and bolts are not loose:
- Two 1/4" nylon insert nuts at handle
- Four 5/6" bolts holding flywheel to frame
- Four 5/16" nuts holding legs to monorail
- Four 3/8" nuts holding arms and footboards to monorail
Approximately Every 500 Hours of Use
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE
Use of this machine with a worn or weakened part, such as the chain, sprockets, swivel connector or shock cord, may result in injury to the user. When in doubt about the condition of any part, Concept2 strongly advises that you replace the part immediately. Use only genuine Concept2 parts. Use of other parts may result in injury or poor performance of the machine.