We love the creativity and fun displayed in some of the team names competing in this year’s Fall Team Challenge. Alliterations abound along with fantasies of food (everyone needs a goal, right?), obvious homonyms and interesting innuendos.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Maple Sap Suckers
- Cheesecake Chasers
- Rowing for Beer—Two different teams have this name!
- Rowed to Nowhere
- Ewe Row!
- Honey Badgers—Nothing can stop the Honey Badger!
- Nerds on Ergs—They offer us a joke: A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies, “For you, no charge.”
- Number Forty-One—A nice nod to the 1959 film Ben-Hur
- Knotty Knitters—Just what are they knitting anyway?
- ro-sham-bo—also known as the game “rock-paper-scissors,” otherwise known as the dispute resolution team
- MonkeySpoilers—Fighting evil monkeys who are to blame for everything that goes wrong
- Not-so-Gently-Down-the-Stream—Their team image is the photo below and we think it speaks for itself
Our hats off to all the rowers and skiers who have helped to amass almost 290 million meters so far in this year’s Fall Team Challenge! As Judah advises Arrias in Ben-Hur, “We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live!”