Welcome to the new Concept2 Blog!
We’re excited to have this new way to communicate with all of you, our customers and friends. In fact, we’re wondering why we didn’t think of this sooner! Well, OK, maybe it’s because some of us are getting a little older. And it’s also because we’ve been busy. But enough excuses. We’re looking forward to sharing stories, information, workout ideas, C2 activities, personal insights, and probably also some tangentially related rambling, all to give you a better sense of who we are and how we spend our time.
This will be a shared blog, with writing coming from anyone here at C2 who has something that we think would be interesting to you. Authors will introduce themselves as they come along, so you will also get to “know” the C2 staff better. We plan to have at least one post per week; and we expect that there will be many weeks when we have much more than that to talk about. Stay tuned and check back often!
To set the stage, here’s a little more about Concept2, our hometown, our state and our weather:
- We’re located in Morrisville, Vermont, a town of about 5561 (as of 2008) located in north central Vermont.
- Our employees live in about ten different towns surrounding and including Morrisville.
- The population of the entire state of Vermont, as of 2008, was just 621,270.
- We generally have snowy winters and warm but not hot summers.
- To have more than a handful of days in the 90s is pretty rare.
- Our lakes are generally frozen from sometime in December through most of April, a fact that had a lot to do with the original invention of the indoor rower!
- This year, the lakes thawed about three weeks early!
- The closest, best place to row is on Big Hosmer Pond in Craftsbury, Vermont, which is about 25 minutes from C2.
- For Nordic skiing, there’s Craftsbury to the north and Stowe to the south, so plenty of options.
Concept2 was founded in an old barn located south of Morrisville on Rte. 100. In 1984, we built and moved to a new building in the Industrial Park and that’s still where we are today, with a few additions along the way. Industrial Park doesn’t do justice to our location, which has great views of both the Green Mountains to the southwest and the Worcester Range to the east.
Concept2 Headquarters, Morrisville, Vermont
Our view of Elmore Mountain