Here at Concept2, we’re busy preparing for the world’s largest two-day rowing event, The Head Of The Charles Regatta®. This year, we’re excited to sponsor some very talented athletes who will be making the trip to Boston. Eight of the world’s best scullers will be racing in the women’s championship 8+ race on Sunday, October 21 as one crew, the “Super Shark 8+”. Jeff Wood from our oar shop has been busy painting their blades in their international team designs so that you will be able to recognize the fantastic individuals who make up this crew.
Hudson Boat Works and Concept2 CTS are proud to announce the members of the 2012 Super Shark 8+, racing as bow #8 (CBC):
- Kim Crow, Australia, Silver medalist in the Women’s 2x, Bronze medalist in the Women’s 1x
- Fie Udby Erichsen, Denmark, Silver medalist in the Women’s 1x
- Mirka Knapkova, Czech Republic, Gold medalist in the Women’s 1x
- Julia Michalska, Poland, Bronze in the Women’s 2x
- Gevvie Stone, USA, 7th in Women’s 1x
- Annekatrin Thiele, Germany, Silver medalist in the Women’s 4x
- Donata Vistartaite, Lithuania, 8th in Women’s 1x
- Anna Watkins, Great Britain, Gold medalist in the Women’s 2x
These women will have some exciting competition from competitive collegiate teams and British, Dutch, Canadian and US crews. The Super Shark 8+, Canadian National Team and US National Team will all be rowing with our Skinny shaft. Watch for them as they row down the Charles!
Visit the Concept2 tent (located across from the Rowing & Fitness Expo and along the river) on Sunday, October 21 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. for a free autograph signing with the Super Shark 8+.
Concept2 will be at the regatta all weekend so please stop by! We’re always happy to answer your questions regarding our products, and our Regatta Service staff will be available to assist with oars being raced at the event. Concept2 oars and sculls rowed at the event are still available for purchase. We will be giving away Vermont apples and our signature lip balm, so come on by!