The annual Holiday Challenge is one of our longest-running “meter” challenges. The Challenge was first held in 2000 with 300 participants, and by last year we had over 5000 people pass the 100k meter mark to help raise about $22,000 for selected charities.
The goal of the Holiday Challenge is simple: to accumulate as many meters as you can on either the indoor rower or the SkiErg between Thanksgiving (Nov 26) and Christmas Eve (Dec 24). Record the meters in your Concept2 Online Logbook. Once you top 100,000 meters, your charitable contribution will begin to accrue.
This year, the charities have been selected for their focus on water-related issues. Challenge participants may choose one of the following organizations to support with their meters:
It’s not too late to participate! Visit the online logbook, where you’ll find details on this challenge as well as the other challenges we offer throughout the year.
And even if you can’t participate in the Holiday Challenge this year, we hope you’ll have a look at our newly renovated online logbook. The logbook is free for all users of the Concept2 Indoor Rower and SkiErg and includes the following new features:
- Responsive design that works better on mobile devices and tablets
- Ability to add results from past ranking years on the main log page
- Improved options for filtering the ranking (including verified results only)
- Easier to add training partners and view their results
- Easier to join an affiliation
- Improved profile page
- Improved history page, including lifetime bests
- Improved privacy options and security
We hope you’ll enter some Holiday Challenge meters soon, and check out the new online logbook. Happy holidays!